I know I’m pretty darn late on this but it is time for another monthly recap! I will be going over some of my best and worst books from the last month of my reading adventures! Just like last month, I will be breaking down my favorite and least favorite books from the last month. Here we go!
First, we will be starting off the with Best Books that I read in the last month!
- Elmer by Gerry Alanguilan
- This amazing graphic novel is about chickens. Yes, chickens. In the world that this book takes place in, chickens have the intelligence and consciousness of humans. They talk, hold down jobs, all the things that humans do. It was very, very interesting. I loved every minute of this and I would highly recommend this to pretty much anyone. 5 out of 5
- Snot Girl vol. 1: Green Hair Don’t Care by Bryan Lee O’Malley
- I fell like this book is very polarizing. People either love it or hate it. I fall into the loving it category but I can see other people’s points about why they dislike it. The MC is not a very likable character AT ALL. The artwork is beautiful and the story is not something that I have encountered before. No spoilers here but this book did not go the way that I thought that it would. 4 out of 5 stars
- Glory in Death by JD Robb
- This is the second book in the In Death series and boy was it a rollercoaster! So much happened to Eve Dallas and her group of friends. There was a wedding, a murder (of course), and plenty of mystery! I really liked this one and I did not figure out the who the murder was until it was revealed, which I love. I also really liked the progress that Eve had with some of her issues (no spoilers!). I really felt like she grew as a character. 5 out of 5 stars
Worst books of the month! I really only had one that I wasn’t a fan of this last month.
- We Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly, a True Story by Josh Sundquist
- I talked about this book at length in one of my posts last month and that really goes into detail why I had issues with this book. The short version is that the MC and the author seemed to blame all of the women/girls in his life instead of taking responsibility for never having a girlfriend. 2 out of 5 stars
Sorry, this post is shorter than usual! I didn’t read as much this month as last month due to some very, very long hours at work. Next month will probably be shorter too 😦 But! I start my new job at the library in a few days and I am BEYOND excited! I can’t wait to be surrounded by books and people that love books.
Come say hi! Twitter