I have a new obsession that has just started within last the last year or so: podcasts! I have no idea why it took me so long to get into podcasts but I think since I didn’t like audio books that I just assumed that I wouldn’t like podcasts either. BUT I DO. My favorites are below (in no particular order).
- The Librarian Is In: This podcast is run by Frank and Gwen for the New York public library system and it is about books, culture, and what to read next! Each week Gwen and Frank discuss what books that they are reading and sometimes they have guests on the podcast as well. I love the dynamic between Frank and Gwen. They are hilarious and I love the fact that they are always hesitant to spoil the twist or ending of a book. If you love books and talking about them then this is the podcast for you!
- Hello From the Magic Tavern: This was recommend to me by my coworker, Patricia about a week ago and I am loving it so far! I’ve already listened to 16 episodes (I’m listening to one now while I’m writing this) and I can’t get enough of it. This podcast is about Arnie who falls through a magical portal behind a Burger King into a magical realm called Foon. He has a weak wi-fi signal from the Burger King and is doing a podcast in Foon so that everyone back on Earth can learn about Foon and it’s inhabitants. Arnie has two friends that are usually on the podcast with him, Chunt the shapeshifting badger and Usidore the wizard. The three of them are hilarious together and I’m always cracking up as I listen to the podcast.
- Queer as Fiction: This podcast is about three friends that get together and write gay fan-fic, usually while drinking. I really like this one and the way that the ladies all get along is hilarious.
- Felicitations!: This is a podcast that is done by Felicia Day who I fell in love with when she was doing The Guild. Her podcast is pretty much just her rambling about whatever (there is a lot about her baby so if that’s not your thing this may not be for you). I could seriously listen to her talk about anything for any length of time and be entertained.
- Jenna & Julien Podcast: This is a podcast by Jenna Marbles and her boyfriend Julien both of YouTube fame. If you like Jenna’s or Julien’s YouTube videos then you will like their podcast. They play games, drink, eat, and do all sorts of other stuff.
- Felonious Florida: This podcast is done by the Sun Sentinal, a newspaper in south Florida and it is all about unsolved cases in the state of Florida. I live in Florida so this is fascinating to me. I also love a good mystery so that part is great too. One of the things that I love about this is the music and the narration. They are both fantastic and make the podcast seem more mysterious and spooky. If you like to read mysteries or books about murder then this will be right up your alley!
- Lore: I’m 90% sure that most people know what Lore is about but if you don’t, Lore is a podcast done by Aaron Mahnke in which he narrates scary stories. These stories will range from ones that you may have heard before to new ones to add to your spooky story collection. I myself love Mr. Mahnke’s voice and the way that he narrates the podcast. It really sets it apart from others.
- The Anthropocene Reviewed: This podcast is narrated by John Green (of Paper Towns and The Fault In Our Stars fame – as well as his super popular YouTube channel that he runs with his brother, Hank.) and is about reviewing things. I listened to an episode today that was about teddy bears and penalty shots. The topics range for each episode and you never know what you’ll get out of them – except for knowledge and entertainment.
What about you guys? Do you like to listen to podcasts? I’m always looking for new suggestions so if there’s one that you like leave a comment! Or shoot me a link on Twitter and I’ll check it out! Hope you guys all have a great week!